~ Lens-Artists Photo Challenge 114: Negative Spaces ~

I love wide open spaces. In photography the absence of distractions makes the subject POP, sometimes creating a sense of calm and peace, and other times providing space for visual drama.

Juvenile Western Gull (Larus Occidentals) scavenges the shoreline, Long Beach, WA.

Dune grass fronds at Sundown.

Immature Bald Eagle landing atop a snag.

Quiet morning walk.

Late summer wedding altar.

Foxgloves reach for the heavens.

Jello waits for me at the top of the berm looking out on the Pacific Ocean.

Wishing everyone safe harbor, as we navigate uncharted waters.🐾

This entry was posted in Beagles, Birding, birds, Lens-Artists Photo Challenge, nature photography, ornithology, pacific northwest, pacific ocean, photography, weekly photo challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to ~ Lens-Artists Photo Challenge 114: Negative Spaces ~

1. Great shots, Lindy 👏 Love the bird on one leg, & the pic of Jello 😃

2. A beautiful sequence Lindy and I especially love the image of Jello in the dunes 💛

3. Tina Schell says:

Beautiful choices Lindy. Your little bird on the shoreline is perfect and of course your closing image 😀. BTW you can still use the old WP editing system. I really don’t like the new one.

4. Teresa says:

Beautiful series and that wedding altar shot is just amazing.

5. Amy says:

A very beautiful and special selections, Lindy! All are beautifully captured. I love your bird images and the last one is so cute!

6. JohnRH says:

Excellent photos. I like ’em all.

7. These are really lovely. The one of the bird on one leg is my favorite.

8. pattimoed says:

Beautiful collection, Lindy. I love your silhouettes on the beach, and of course your dog always “steals” the show! The sky in the “wedding altar” shot is marvelous.

9. Olga says:

Stunning photos expressing the simple beauty of harnessing negative space so effectively. Always a pleasure to see Jello. ❤