~ Lens Artists Photo Challenge # 125 ~ Renewal ~

Tina offers us a great opportunity to do whatever we want with the challenge. Though my post today is not the most visually appealing, it is what has occupied me for over a week!

Our downstairs music room carpet was stained, worn and ugly. We decided last spring to replace it with Luxury Vinyl Plank which is waterproof and easier to keep clean. This involved moving Creighton’s huge CD collection from the CD shelves into boxes.

Creighton worked diligently packing the collection in a way that he would be able to reassemble it fairly easily when the floor was done and the furniture moved back in.

Last Sunday, my niece, her hubby and two young-adult sons arrived to move the furniture into our garage. All went smoothly, and the price of a couple pizzas was all it cost! I love my family to the moon.

Monday morning the flooring installation crew of two arrived. They removed the old carpet and padding, and by noon the new floor was done and the old was gone.

Tuesday I applied restoratives to the wood of the piano, and other furniture that needed it. Wednesday morning, our neighbor helped us move the heavier furniture into the room, and by Thursday night we were enjoying living in the space again.

Now the harder part begins. Creighton wants to winnow down his collection which represents a lifetime of music appreciation and acquisition. It will take time, and that’s okay. With the pandemic raging in our country, we don’t plan to go anywhere except a trip to the beach before Christmas.

Wishing everyone safe harbor, as we navigate uncharted waters.🐾

This entry was posted in antiques, Lens-Artists Photo Challenge, Musical Instruments and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to ~ Lens Artists Photo Challenge # 125 ~ Renewal ~

1. JohnRH says:

Ha! Great fun! I LOVE remodeling. (NOT.) Excellent.

2. Tina Schell says:

The new room looks lovely Lindy. I’m wondering how much the sound of the piano changed with the lack of carpet to absorb it, and also if the room feels as cozy. Our son has the same fireplace/stove and he loves it. Says it makes the room instantly warm. Was that new too??? Great job!

• Lindy Le Coq says:

Hi Tina. The stove is one my parents bought for us as a housewarming gift 35 years ago! It has heated the entire house on occasions when the furnace died over a week-end in winter 🙂
      The room feels more cozy now to me. We rarely play the piano, though it is nice and a family heirloom of mine. At some point I’ll be adding some area rugs which will help soften the look and the sound. Cheers!

3. Leya says:

Ah – good job done, Lindy! What does Jello say about it? It looks really cosy to me! Nice fire too. In fact we are also redoing our rooms, two of them. And finally sorting out the cellar mess…We do not have that much music stored, but a HUGE amount of books…This is a good time to do something about it!

4. Lindy Le Coq says:

Jello hates it when anything is moved. This has been very stressful to her, though she’s weathered it well in her quiet upstairs nest on the futon! Cheers

5. Janice says:

Well done! Now a very cozy music room.